“It was very challenging, but the energy and the drive and the passion you felt there from both Bobby and Dom and the other guys there was just incredible.”
Challenge yourself and change how you communicate with clients. After a background in the U.S. Army, Nate Reynolds, dove headfirst into working with his father-in-law as a Financial Advisor at Billings Group.
It’s been eye-opening to hear from the Billings Group in their individual Disruption Blueprint episodes, Ep. 9 with Lance Billings, and Ep. 10 War Room Huddle Ft. Josh Kilsch as Lance is father-in-law to both Nate and Josh. You’ll also learn more about Nate’s military background as a U.S. Army veteran, how he found RFG Advisory through Dom Raso, and even how he got introduced to Dom’s ARMR-UP program.
Through each episode, you can piece together how Lance, Josh, and Nate work together so well, how their different life experiences come into play, and how they aim to continue crushing it through succession planning. “We have the responsibility to continue that legacy,” says Nate.
“It really is all about the client and service we provide for them,” Nate says.
From Salina to the surrounding four states, the Billings Group is planning for decades in the future, not just for tomorrow. Listen to this episode with Nate Reynolds, Financial Advisor at Billings Group, a wealth management firm and family-run business with deep community ties in Salina, Kansas, to learn about shattering the box and helping your clients find their ‘why.’
Join the conversation to hear about:
- Being intentional and finding the crush everything mindset (1:40)
- Confirming RFG was the right choice (6:00)
- Focusing on mindset during a transition (9:35)
- Preparing for training with Bobby White and Dom Raso (12:15)
- Succession planning: continuing the legacy (16:10)
- Taking the life journey and growing with a client (18:00)
- Using tools to redefine the client experience (22:10)
- Dedication and discipline (24:50)
- Family and working as a team (27:20)
- Helping your clients find their “why” (30:10)
It’s been eye-opening to hear from the Billings Group in their individualDisruption Blueprint episodes, Ep. 9 with Lance Billings, and Ep. 10 War Room Huddle Ft. Josh Kilsch, as Lance is father-in-law to both Nate and Josh.
You’ll also learn more about Nate’s military background as a U.S. Army veteran, how he found RFG Advisory through Dom Raso, how he got introduced to Dom’s ARMR-UP program, and Billings Group aims to continue crushing it through succession planning. “We have the responsibility to continue that legacy,” says Nate.
To understand the full picture, let’s go back a few chapters. Nate was born and raised in Salina. He went off to serve the U.S. Army and during that time, he got married and had kids. Four years later, he and his wife, Rachel, ultimately made the decision to come back home to be closer to family. “We got out of the military, came back, and started working for my father-in-law,” says Nate. The father-in-law being Lance, Founder of Billings Group.
In 2016, Nate joined Billings Group, a wealth management firm and family-run business with deep community ties in Salina, Kansas. “It really is all about the client and service we provide for them,” Nate says.
Nate crushed it working with Billings Group for six years, when he came to a personal crossroads. He tells us in this episode that he wanted to find his purpose and questioned his financial advising career.
He was ready for a new challenge. Ever since getting out of the military, Nate wanted to find not only a workout program, but a community that offered support and accountability to his life. He took a week off from work to stay home with the kids and his wife and just regroup. On that first day off, his wife Rachel introduced him to Dom Raso, Dynamis Alliance and the Crush Everything world.
He completed the first week of the ARMR-UP and felt motivated, intentional, and purposeful, and found himself seeking the next step in life. He wanted his three major passions to come together: financial advising, physical fitness, and Bible teaching. He wondered though, if it was possible to meld his three passions together.
The next day, Dom posted Just Show Up, Ep. 8 of Become a Warrior Advisor with he and Bobby White, RFG Advisory Founder and CEO. Nate saw that and immediately went to Lance and Josh to say, “This is where we’re going to be in one year. This is the one year goal for us to go to RFG,” he says.
He went from feeling burnt out to finding his mindset to go training in Virginia Beach with Bobby and Dom. “It was very humbling. It was very challenging, but the energy and the drive and the passion you felt there from both Bobby and Dom and the other guys there was just incredible,” says Nate.
In this episode, Nate and RFG President, Shannon Spotswood, talk about his military background, the growth of the Billings Group, what succession planning looks like in a family-owned business, and how to really be a multi-generational business. “We do life with the client and the client invites us into their life,” Nate says. From Salina to the surrounding four states, the Billings Group is planning for decades in the future, not just for tomorrow.
“We’re growing through their life journey, but they’re also growing with me and my life journey too,” says Nate. “It’s vulnerable on both spots, but it makes that trust even more important and it builds trust that much quicker.”
Listen to this episode with Nate Reynolds, Financial Advisor at Billings Group to learn about shattering the box, going against the grain of what everybody else does, and completely revolutionizing the industry. Below are three tips from Nate that you’ll want to remember. Huddle up, you don’t want to miss this incredible episode of Disruption Blueprint. Join RFG.
- Figure out your “why” to avoid burnout. Nate tells us that Dom and Bobby talked a lot about What is your why? “Why do you wake up? Why do you go through the suck? Why do you bust your butt every day to do what you do?” Identify that ‘why’ to realize your life’s purpose. Fulling the why avoids burnout.
- Being busy just to be busy is a waste of time. There’s a difference between actual work and staying busy. “You can be busy just to be busy and get nothing done,” Nate says. Don’t try to fill in time, it’s a disservice to clients, it’s a waste of time, and it’s a waste of resources.
- Find somebody in your life who will call you out. We all need someone who will be there for us, call us out, and who will challenge you and make you uncomfortable. That’s the only way you’re gonna grow.
- Billings Group – Website
- When Two Worlds Collide | Ep. 11 War Room Huddle ft. Nate Reynolds – YouTube
- Changing How You Communicate With Clients | Ep. 10 War Room Huddle Ft. Josh Kilsch – YouTube
- You Have to Be Intentional About Growing Your Practice | Ep. 9 War Room Huddle ft. Lance Billings – YouTube
- It’s All About Family, Welcome to the Billings Group – YouTube
- RFG Advisory – Website
- RFG Advisory – Facebook
- RFG Advisory – LinkedIn
- RFG Advisory – Twitter
- Disruption Blueprint – Website
- Become A Warrior Advisor Podcast – Website
- Dom Raso Crush Everything – Website
- Just Show Up | Ep. 8 Become a Warrior Advisor ft. Bobby White and Dom Raso | RFG ADVISORY – YouTube
- Succession Planning
- Next Gen
- Practice Management
- Growth Strategies
- Work Life Balance