Welcome Zane Tarence to this episode of Disruption Blueprint! Zane is a managing director at Founders Advisors, a middle market boutique investment bank headquartered here in Birmingham, Alabama. As a boutique investment bank, they aren’t trying to be everything for all people. Zane helps run the technology practice for Founders Advisors, and he sits at the tip of the spear in this vertical.
The differentiator for Zane is that in addition to being an investment banker, he is also a serial entrepreneur. He’s built a couple companies on his own, sold several companies, and is absolutely fearless when it comes to disrupting his industry.
In this podcast episode, Zane discusses the game-changing conference that he started called “Silicon Y’all,” which focuses on highlighting the talent and companies being built in the southeast, as well as his book “17 Reasons Your Company is Not Investment Grade and What to Do About It.” He also gives advice about how the financial advisor world and investment banker world can blend together.
Join the conversation to hear about:
- Introduction to Zane (1:58)
- The genesis of the RFG MasterClass series (7:34)
- One of the greatest opportunities for growth for advisors (9:39)
- The number one question company owners ask Zane (14:25)
- Questions advisors should ask business owners to get the ball rolling (18:00)
- Different pathways a company can take to monetize their wealth (22:46)
- How do financial advisors approach building the financial plan for these specific clients (28:13)
- How does a financial advisor forge a relationship with an investment banker? (33:01)
- Tips on how advisors can present research in a content strategy in a way that makes sense to prospects (37:05)
- 17 Reasons Your Company is Not Investment Grade and What to Do About It (41:28)
- Don’t be afraid to get into the weeds (47:22)
- Zane’s new valuation tool (48:47)
- Work done specifically around logistics (54:11)
- What is the No. 1 thing an advisor should do after this? (54:56)
This podcast is brought to you by RFG Advisory. The Disruption Blueprint podcast is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and wherever you listen to podcasts. Hear host Shannon Spotswood, RFG President, and our financial advisor guests talk about crushing everything and their unique stories. We’re here to help independent financial advisors amp up their A-game and stay on top of what’s going on in the industry.
Download this episode now and listen on your commute or at the gym. Join the huddle, join RFG. Cut through the noise and focus on what’s important.
- Founders Advisors
- 17 Reasons Your Company is Not Investment Grade and What to Do About It
- Silicon Y’all
- RFG Advisory – Website
- RFG Advisory – Facebook
- RFG Advisory – LinkedIn
- RFG Advisory – Twitter
- Disruption Blueprint Podcast – Website
- Become A Warrior Advisor Podcast – Website
- Investment Banking
- Silicon Y’all
Securities offered by Registered Representatives of Private Client Services (“PCS”). Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered by Investment Advisory Representatives of RFG Advisory, a registered investment advisor. Private Client Services and RFG Advisory are unaffiliated entities.