As independent financial advisors, RFG Advisory’s core values emphasize building a rapport with clients and providing a higher level of service to stand out in a crowded industry.
In this episode, Shannon Spotswood is interviewed by Dr. Daniel Crosby, the host of the Standard deviations Podcast. She shares her story of deviance by pivoting her career to join RFG, what RFG’s values are, and how other RIAs can address and prioritize their client’s needs by building a rapport and higher level of connection with them.
- What interested her in the finance world and how her career started
- Why she pivoted from an investment fund analyst to a career in a more customer-oriented position at RFG
- What RFG’s core values are and their selection process for building a team of A players
- What the “RIA of the future” looks like and how it will address longevity risk
- And more
- Standard Deviations: Shannon Spotswood (Live from Fuse in Park City)
- A Random Walk down Wall Street: The Time-tested Strategy for Successful Investing
Connect with Shannon Spotswood:
Connect with Dr. Daniel Crosby:
About Dr. Daniel Crosby:
Educated at Brigham Young and Emory Universities, Dr. Daniel Crosby is a psychologist and behavioral finance expert who helps organizations understand the intersection of mind and markets. Daniel was named one of the “12 Thinkers to Watch” by Monster.com, a “Financial Blogger You Should Be Reading” by AARP, and a member of InvestmentNews’s prestigious “40 Under 40”. When he is not consulting around market psychology, Daniel enjoys independent films, fanatically following St. Louis Cardinals baseball, and spending time with his wife and three children.