“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
And what better than helping people whom we can really empathize with and understand?
In this episode, Shannon Spotswood sits down with Eric Blake, CFP®, Founder and Lead Financial Planner at Blake Wealth Management. Eric shares the benefits of having a niche market, including the ability to concentrate your efforts on a specific audience and the importance of time blocking to organize your priorities. Additionally, Eric talks about the impact women have had in his life and why he has focused on helping them.
- His niche in serving clients five years pre-retirement
- How having a niche specialization in his financial practice has allowed him to concentrate his time and marketing efforts on those who may not otherwise receive help
- How partnering with his wife as a co-founder of their firm has allowed them to build stronger relationships with clients
- How he uses the surge concept to time block and focus on marketing during specific months
- How his firm has integrated charitable work into their practice
- The annual International Women’s Day event focused on giving back to women who have gone through difficult circumstances
- And more!
Connect with Shannon Spotswood:
Connect with Eric Blake:
About our Guest:
Eric Blake started his career as a financial advisor in 1999. Over the last 24 years, he has realized that his true passion is helping women plan for a successful retirement. While many of his clients are couples, Eric’s firm prioritizes working with women, driven by the appreciation he holds for the women who shaped him into the person he is today.
Born in Amarillo, Texas, Eric now resides in McKinney, Texas, and holds a degree in accounting from the University of Texas at Dallas. However, Eric’s most cherished accomplishment is his 26-year marriage to his wife, Dawn, and their two children, Kaitlyn and Eric.
When not focused on client retirement plans or tax strategies, Eric enjoys working out, reading, and traveling.