Technology is disrupting the financial services industry! From collecting data about clients to utilizing AI, a lot is changing.
In this episode, Shannon Spotswood interviews two guests, Joel P. Bruckenstein, CFS, CMFC, CFP®, Financial Services FinTech Expert, and Dr. Jordan A. Hutchison, RFG’s Vice President of Technology, about the tech landscape in the financial services industry. They start off with their thoughts on the T3 conference before diving into a discussion about how tech advances like AI are disrupting the financial space.
Joel and Jordan discuss:
- What surprised them and what confirmed their beliefs about the tech landscape in the finance industry from the T3 conference
- Why Joel believes cybersecurity is an existential threat, especially to small and medium-sized firms
- How AI will impact the financial industry moving forward and where they see it being most disruptive
- How advisors can use FinTech data to build their firm
- How young investors are changing the industry by valuing fulfillment and peace of mind
- How advisors can leverage their clients’ interactions with the client portal to identify when they may need assistance
- And more
- PRISMM: The Digital Vault Built For Your Most Important Documents With Martha Underwood
- Shannon Spotswood’s Journey Towards Servant Leadership With Dr. Daniel Crosby
- T3 Advisor Conferences
- FP Alpha
- Fidelity – It’s Time to Change Your Mind About Young Investors
Connect with Joel Bruckenstein:
Connect with Jordan Hutchison:
Connect with Shannon Spotswood:
About our Guests:
Joel P. Bruckenstein, CFS, CMFC, CFP® is an internationally recognized expert on applied technology for financial professionals and Publisher of Technology Tools for Today (T3). He is also the producer of the annual T3 Advisor Conference, the premier technology conference for independent financial advisors, as well as the T3 Enterprise Conference, an annual gathering of top executives from independent broker/dealers and large RIAs. He is the co-author of three books: Virtual Office Tools for a High Margin Practice, Tools and Techniques of Practice Management, and Technology Tools for Today’s High Margin Practice.
Dr. Jordan A. Hutchison is the Vice President of Technology at RFG Advisory. His executive leadership expertise in WealthTech, human behavior, and financial planning strategy provide him with the ability to help financial professionals live extraordinary lives. He uses his deep understanding of financial advisors, practice management, and the wealth management business cycle to apply the proper needs to run a successful financial planning firm.