Technology is changing the financial landscape, not just for advisors but for clients too.
In this episode, Shannon Spotswood brings on RFG’s Vice President of Technology, Dr. Jordan Hutchison, to discuss the tremendously disruptive change in technology the financial industry is going through. Jordan shares his journey to get to where he is today, explains what flow is, and talks about the impacts of the constantly changing fintech space on the client experience.
- His academic and professional journey to becoming the VP of technology at RFG
- What flow is, and how to know when you’re in flow
- How focusing on high growth, happiness, and profitability as a metric of success is changing the experiences of advisors and clients
- What advisors can do to invoke flow into their client portals and make them more personalized to their clients
- Why defining a personal mission statement for both advisor and clients is important to achieving a flow state
- The challenges for financial advisors being expected to become life coaches for their clients
- The skills advisors need to train to be able to toggle between the EQ side and technical side with their clients
- Why women and the next generation still aren’t connecting with their advisors
- What he thinks the industry will look like three years from now
- Why advisors hesitate to go independent
- What advisors can do to become better leaders
- And more
Connect with Jordan Hutchison:
Connect with Shannon Spotswood:
About our Guest:
Dr. Jordan A. Hutchison is the Vice President of Technology at RFG Advisory. His executive leadership expertise in WealthTech, human behavior, and financial planning strategy provide him with the ability to help financial professionals live extraordinary lives. He uses his deep understanding of financial advisors, practice management, and the wealth management business cycle to apply the proper needs to run a successful financial planning firm.